ALAN RMD-1200 Radio Packet - Help!

Alles over packetradio en digimodes op de 27MHz

Moderators: 19-AT-068 Frank, Thijs, Remco Rozenburg, erik_ark

ALAN RMD-1200 Radio Packet - Help!

Berichtdoor Apostolis » 23 nov 2012, 23:55

Hello..
I have two "ALAN RMD-1200 Radio Packets" ...with the cables and the User manualS...but..i don't have the original CB-COM "software" that it was in a Floppy Disk.
Can you help me where i can find the original software?...or some other softwares to work with this modem?
I don't know a lot about PC's and Softwares to work with Radio Packets...so i need an easy software but i can try and with a difficult one. With the cable connections: Modem - Cb Radio - PC... i can manage to do it very well..!No problem there.
I need to know what PC can i use for each software...i know that the original software needs an old PC.....i have an old "Amiga 1200 Commodore" but without a Hard Disk..can i use it if i find the original CB-COM software? or can i use it with some other radio packet softwares?
I have and a latest PC with Win XP...can i use it with some softwares suitable for ALAN RMD 1200??
Any help and suggestions welcome...
Apostolis

Re: ALAN RMD-1200 Radio Packet - Help!

Berichtdoor 19DT2120 » 24 nov 2012, 11:22

You don't need the original software,you will need software what also usable is for baycom modems!For the rest i don't know because I'm 12 years out the hobby.

update: i do still have the original disk but i cant use it cos I have no fdd reader & I'm afraid the disk will be corrupted some how after all those years!
>Let's go digital<
JS8call JT65
WSPR ROS PSK
Etc . RIP FT8
19DT2120
Super Spammer
Super Spammer

Berichtdoor Apostolis » 25 nov 2012, 01:35

19DT2120 schreef:You don't need the original software,you will need software what also usable is for baycom modems!For the rest i don't know because I'm 12 years out the hobby.

update: i do still have the original disk but i cant use it cos I have no fdd reader & I'm afraid the disk will be corrupted some how after all those years!

Hello..thk u for your response.
Its true that maybe the disk is corrupted after 12yrs. I have a fd reader..and the "Amiga" has a 2HD fd reader on board.
I remember that i had the original fd software disks..for many years...but sometime by the years losted..maybe with other junk items that i throught it in trash. Another mistake for me is that i went in recycle and an old but still working IBM PC with a 2HD FD that i worked for a little time with the RMD 1200 modem..i think in years 1998-1999. In IBM hard disk i think i was saved and the CB-COM software for the RMD modem... Sometimes it is wrong to throw away things without think seriously first if sometime in the future will need to use it again....nevermind i am sad with this....i have many memories from those years.. with IBM working (a very good friend installed the software and teached me how to use it) with RMD modem and my ALAN 8001 cb radio..
Apostolis

Berichtdoor CB2SNK » 25 nov 2012, 02:01

i have send you a personal msg.
CB: CB2SNK @ NL3VKL.NBO.NLD.EU
HAM: PA2SNK @ PD0LPM.#FRL.NLD.EURO
CB2SNK
www.cbforum.nl Freak
www.cbforum.nl Freak

Keer terug naar Digimodes (Packetradio, PSK, RTTY, ROS, etc)