atron 99

Voor al je vragen over antenne's

Moderators: 19-AT-068 Frank, Thijs, Remco Rozenburg, erik_ark

atron 99

Berichtdoor 19-AT-068 Frank » 19 dec 2006, 22:31

The Antron 99 EXPOSED!
(By Tech 833)
Have you ever wondered what was inside the Antron 99 antenna?
A long time ago, I purchased a Solarcon Antron 99 antenna for my propagation beacon. The Antron 99 is
really a CB antenna, but with only slight returning, it works very well on the 10-meter band. In the Antron
advertising, it explains that it is a '1/2 wave over 1/4 wave variable mutual transductance tuned antenna'
with a dB gain of 9.9 dBi. No way I thought.... However, the price was low, so I bought it anyway. After
discovering that the Antron 99 performed worse than the 5/8 wave ground plane it replaced, I set out to
discover why. What follows are my findings after dissecting 2 separate Antron 99 antennas.
In this photo, you can see the insides of the Antron 99 laid alongside the shell it was once housed in for
size reference. In this photo, you see what is inside the base and how it fits inside the base section. Except
for the lower 2 feet of the Antron 99, all the rest of the antenna contains nothing more than a straight piece
of #16 bare copper wire!
Here, you can clearly see the small section of coaxial cable that connects to SO-239 connector in the
bottom of the mounting pipe and to the coils of the matching section. No 'magic' here at all. Just above the
coils is the capacitor coupling, which is made of a nylon spacer and brass tubing. The 'twin ring' match
merely changes the inductance of the outer tuning coil.

Dit staat op de site van dxzone.com
19-AT-068 Frank

Berichtdoor 19DT2120 » 20 dec 2006, 11:17

Dit is al oud nieuws ,heeft al vaker op het net gestaan net als van de http://www.video-observer.com/imax/imax2000.htm
19DT2120
Super Spammer
Super Spammer

Keer terug naar Antennes